Scholarships Available for Veterinary Students
FCVC believes in continuing educational opportunities.
As graduates from high school go on to college, there is always a need for resources.
We come across many scholarship opportunities and have put some of what we find here in the hopes that they will benefit future veterinary students.
Auxiliary to the AVMA Scholarships
We believe that by investing in the education of America’s veterinary students we play a role in ensuring that future veterinarians have the skills and training necessary to treat our pets, safeguard our food supply and protect public health.
We make an impact on veterinary students by empowering them to achieve their goals in veterinary medicine and by recognizing and rewarding individuals who have made extraordinary accomplishments in their education. Our goal is to build a relationship with veterinary students that lasts a lifetime.
Veterinary student scholarships and grants are awarded on varying criteria that includes academic excellence, leadership and financial need. Final decisions on all awards are based on recommendations from the AVMF’s Grants and Awards Sub-committee on Student Scholarships.
AVMF Veterinary Student Scholarship Opportunities
- Merck Animal Health (MSD Animal Health outside the U.S. and Canada) Veterinary Student Scholarship Program (Open Nov. 15 – Dec. 31)
- Auxiliary to the AVMA Legacy Endowed Scholarship Program (Open Sept. 1 – Oct. 15)
- Harold Wetterberg Foundation Scholarship Program (Open Jan. 1 – Mar. 15)
- AVMA/AVMF 2nd Opportunity Summer Research Scholarship (Open Oct. 16 – Jan. 12)
- Additional AVMF Scholarships (Open Mar. 1 – May 17)
External Veterinary Student Scholarship Opportunities
For more information, please contact Cheri Kowal, Senior Manager, Programs and Operations at 847-285-6691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.